Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Saddest Trip to Machu Picchu Ever

I was even wearing her Stanford t-shirt when she broke up with me.

The ride to Machu Picchu was the loneliest ever. The broken pieces of my heart were cutting a hole in the pit of my stomach.

Granted, its my fault for leaving, my fault for following a dream.

Before, when I was traveling by myself I didn't feel alone because I had the reasurance that she was still my girl. The break has come at a time when I'm the most alone, the furthest from home, with no friends and sick from the food. This takes away the courage I had to travel.

This trip has cost me the one thing I valued most in my life. Now there is mostly uncertainty and only a bit of hope.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh no! I'm sooo sorry. I'll be praying for you that you wouldn't feel so alone! *HUGS*