Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Never too old to mosh


Last night I went to the Trastienda Club in downtown Buenos Aires to see Árbol. I was supposed to go with Mary, but I took my niece, Carolina, instead. It was a sweet show and sweeter was the fact that it was Carol's first rock show (she's 15). She hung back while I started some kilombo in the pit. After eight years of going to shows like these I realized that I got used to being stepped on, being drenched in sweat, having my hands smell like other people's BO from pushing against them, brusing my hands from hitting people, and falling down. What I wasn't used to was someone karate kicking my thigh. Good times.

Also, while I looked up how to spell kilombo I found this website: AsiHablamos.com which seems like an urbandictionary for latin america. I'm starting to need it after traveling through various countries with different slangs.

No comments: