Friday, December 28, 2007

Once a Techer always a Techer

As much as I've had a blast living away from modern civilization in Chile, Bolivia and Peru I've missed my laptop and 24hr internet access.

I've uploaded more sounds of the instruments I've found to the freesound project. My latest addition is the Phukuna, a flute that sounds like the wind.

I've also started using the music programs I'd installed, like Beatcraft (http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/). This program makes it simple to synthesize percussion loops without a MIDI controller. Like MIDI, it uses sound files to synthesise the instruments, but the cool thing is that it works with different file formats (I've tried ogg and mp3). So the next step is to record my djembe with the different hits. Then I'll have the sound on my laptop and can create beats without having to annoy my neighbors by playing the real thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello, i have a request: can you get me some andres landero records?