Friday, March 14, 2008

Clotheshanger Stereo Microphone



Since I'm going to return my electronic tools I finally decided to make the stereo mic I meant to make a while back. It doesn't have the fancy preamp that I wanted to add to the capsuls, but the original setup works fine. To record my flamenco guitar I used a clotheshangar to hold up the two mics and position one in front of the "golpeador" and the other in front of the fretboard. Oh, and my djembe came in handy as a stand. And if you are wondering why there's a sleeping bag hanging in the corner, well its to drown out the reflections from that corner. Another interesting thing to note is that when I started to work on the video and audio recordings, the noisy saturated audio from my camera is a good reverb for the close-up stereo track of my new stereo mic.

Also, I'm almost done building my very own guitar. I'm trying to finish it faster now so that its ready by the time my sister leaves so she can take it home with her. My hand is cramping up now after a 12hour work day. I have to wake up in four hours to meet my friend Bukzilla at the airport!

No comments: