Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Dark Side of Barcelona

Last night I was almost robbed (don't worry mom, I'm ok). I went out with a group of student from University of Barcelona to celebrate Emily's 21 birthday. When it was time to go home (5am) we decided to walk along the beach. At one point we sat down and some guy came over asking me for a cigarette. After I told him that I didn't have one he proceeded to try to greet us and shook my hand and all that. Later on he tries to pickpocket me and at that point I just walked away and made sure I wasn't missing anything.
But wait, there's more.
There's no need to go to a brothel because at night there are prostitutes all along Las Ramblas street. Last night I walked home Emily, a french girl, because her neighborhood is a bit sketchy (don't worry Mary, she has a boyfriend). Anyways, I walked back alone. Usually the prostitutes (more commonly referred to as "putas") just blow me kisses as I walk past and also say stuff like "cute boy." This night one was walking past me and grabbed my arm, eww. I quickly shook her hand off and kept walking. The weird part was that it happened again further on. What a bad way to end a night of celebrating someones birthday.

No comments: