Friday, January 11, 2008

Tecson


This week I started sound engineering classes at Tecson, here in Buenos Aires. I realize how much I just f-ed around with mixers and digital recorders. I also realized how much I learned about microphones at Audio Engineering Associates and basic electronics from Caltech. One class this week covered decibels to measure sound pressure levels and I was able to derive on paper the numbers that they just listed as given. This was pretty simple but I felt good remembering this after months of not doing any math, jaja.

I also get to learn really cool stuff like DI boxes, especially the Red Box with speaker emulation.

I'm also messing around with sound programs (Acustica Mixcraft cuz ProTools is too expensive for me right now) and VST plugins. This makes me almost give up on free plugins that supposedly take out the vocals.

On a side note, I heard this back in Barcelona and now I finally found out (through watching tons of MTV):

Destination Calabria

No comments: