Monday, January 28, 2008

Brixton at Pueyrredón


Last weekend I went to Salon Pueyrredón to see the punk rock band, Brixton. I had met the lead singer the weekend before at Podesta bar. The band's website said that the show started at 24hrs...so I was like well it might start by 1am then. I get there at midnight and the place hadn't even opened yet! When I asked when the band would be playing they said around 3am! Well I took the oportunity to walk around Palermo. I certainly like the liberty of walking around at night without the fear of being robbed like I had back in Santiago. I would say that where I stayed in Santiago was kind of like East LA and where I am in Buenos Aires is more like WestWood.

The band was ok, but the acoustics of the show were horrible. I couldn't understand the singing because the guitars masked it. This was partly because I was in the front center and the speakers were off to the sides so I was only getting the low frequencies from the speakers at that angle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like their name. Why does everything start so late at night? Sounds like my kind of town.

Issac said...

This show was late because it took place at a bar and most bars in Buenos Aires don't open till 1am.