Friday, October 19, 2007

El internet mas raido

I'm sitting at a punto entel (internet place), listening to the recordings of last night's CIES (http://cies-saludweb.org/) youth festival promoting sex ed at the Casa Cultural de Sucre. I'm uploading pictures of the past week and while I'm waiting for them to load I look around and see a french guy doing the same thing.

That reminds me, everywhere I go I end up hanging out with frenchies. In Barcelona it was my friend Emilie. In Santiago, Lyonel drove us to the cordillera. Crossing the Uyuni salt flats there was a french couple and an old french man, Bernard. I give that guy props for going on the adventure because he is 70 years old. The props decreased when he snored tremendously the first night when all six of us shared a room. They dropped even more the second and third day when he wore the same crap stained pair of pants and followed me around coughing and complaining of a sore throat. Well at least my french improved.

All the internet places that offer the fastest broadband use ADSL. Boy am I spoiled, 5kbs upload is like watching paint dry. But that's ok because today is my day of rest after a looong week.

No comments: