Saturday, October 27, 2007

Favorite Band

I've decided that my favorite band is Cafe Tacuba. Two nights ago I watched them on my hotel's cable tv playing at Viña Del Mar, Chile. They rock! With Aryan I played one of their songs for Caltech's Metal Night: Ingrata.

2007 Viña del Mar: Tirate
2007 Viña del Mar: Las Flores

Viva Mexico Cabrones!!!

Speaking of bands, last night I went to a club (Jamuy) that had a 5 Bol. cover charge and the band Sol Mayor played. The funny part is that I thought the band name refered to the sun, but actually its translation would be G Major, jaja. I saw some awesome dancing to the andean music. The band had an electric drum set, two wind people playing quenas and zampoñas, a woman singer, a charango and guitar. The charango was a shiny acousticelectric one. Good stuff, and with the cover charge we got a free mixed dring shot. I think it was pinaple juice and ron.

No comments: