Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Metro

I ride the metro almost everytime I need to go somewhere in Santiago. The people here have complained a lot about the recent changes to the micro (autobus) system called Transantiago and about how crowded the metro gets. Well, since I have to car I can't complain and I am experiencing life here so this is just another experience. One thing I've noticed is that many people (including myself) take their mp3 players on the metro, which creates an environment of isolation. This is where my idea comes in (I think a new cell phone company in California already thought of this or is in the process) that the audio players interact with those around them. This would facilitate conversations with strangers while riding the metro if they are interested in what the other person is listening.

1 comment:

cinky ho said...

issac-- i got the caltech watson nomination!