Thursday, October 25, 2007

Evo Pueblo

Yesterday after my charango clases I went to mirador Laikakota to check out the view of the city and on my way back I stopped by a movie theater and saw that Evo Pueblo was showing. Its a movie about the current Bolivian President, Evo Morales. It had the production value of one of Todd's (HS friend) first films, but was powerfull. It showed Evo from birth to being elected president. I also found out that one of the first things he did as president was to decrease his salary from 60 thousand Bolivianos to 14 thousand, which forced the entire elected government to do the same. This was a positive step away from all the corruption that has plagued Bolivia in its 20some years of democracy. I was told that the people (majority indigenous) were tired of having right wing governments and that is why Evo won with a majority. El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido.

No comments: