Thursday, July 26, 2007

Montjuic


Montjuic is a public park at the top of a hill where there's also a museum of history, gardens, a greek theater and a castle. On one wall of the castle there is an outdoor theater where films are screened Monday, Wednesday and Fridays in July. I've seen Memento and this past Monday I saw Contra la Pared. The sweet deal for me is that before each movie there is a band that plays on a stage to the left of the screen. This past Monday it was a German folk band. The only downside was that it was windy and the noise was heard in the speakers.
And the movie had intermissions where a Turkish band played and sort of narrated the next phase in the movie. What I enjoyed is that towards the end of the movie, only the music was herd in the intermissions, which I thought was to set the mood and let the audience interpret the ending instead of giving lyrics to set the ending.

No comments: