Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mi Segunda Guitarra...well soon enough

So that's what my guitar looks like right now. This will be the top of my guitar. I chose wood from the alerse tree because its regional to the cordillera. For the back of the guitar I will be using algarrobo, which is also found in Argentina. This combination will ensure that my guitar is unique.

I can tell I'm new at this whole luthier thing because my throat is not used to all the sawdust...fireballs anyone? Also, my wrist hurts from using the tools, an old skateboarding accident is acting up (that makes me feel old).
On a sidenote, I'm excited about applying to jobs. The grad school thing is postponed. I enjoy learning what I want when I want, which is exactly what I'm doing right now with the Watson fellowship. First up will be Dolby Laboratories.

No comments: