Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tenia ganas de echar desmadre y lo hice!


Last night I went to see CAFE TACVBA at the Gran Rex theater in Buenos Aires. Wow, amazing. When the band first came onstage and I saw them from my third row seat that I had gotten by getting my ticket a month in advance, I was filled with so much emotion that I stopped breathing and the blood rushed to the surface. Another benefit of being so close was seeing the band's joy that came from a sold out crowd chanting their name in a country far from Mexico City. I rocked out so hard that today my body was sore.
The lead singer and I have the same taste in music and clothes, must be because we're both Chilango. Althought I think my white suit for ASCIT formal was more kickass. He was wearing a shirt with a dog on it that looked like my chihuahua Panchito.
The downside was waiting an hour for the right bus back to my apartment after the show and then having to walk 2km because the right bus didn't show up. I miss my car, but I do feel better about not polluting and just using an established system of transportation.

Now in news relating to my Watson project...I joined an improvisation stringed instrument ensemble. The people who brought guitars thought it meant all kinds of stringed instruments but it was actually supposed to be bowed stringed instruments. Since I don't have my violin in BsAs I took my charango. So there I was, improvising on the charango and playing with three cellos, one violin and six guitars. Next week I'm going to take a violin that I'll borrow from someone.

No comments: