Friday, February 29, 2008

RokEnRol


Hanging out at the recording studio has been great. My project deals with musical instruments and really microphones can be considered and instrument because they all modify the sound of the instrument being recorded. I also feel that learning about audio recording closes the loop which starts at the construction of the instruments and ends with the cd or ipod we listen to.

Now I have an itch to do live sound because this time I'll actually know what I'm doing when I do the sound for Ricketts Punk Night or some backyard concert in East LA.

It's also good to note that rock bands come from all over south america to Buenos Aires to record because of the experience recording and mixing rock bands (even thought Bogota and Santiago have better equipped studios).

No comments: